WELLNESS WEDNESDAY – 5 BENEFITS OF DOGGY DAYCARE
Wellness Wednesday – 5 Benefits of Doggy Daycare
It’s Wellness Wednesday and you know what that means…the first wellness post of the year. Yay!! You may have followed our wellness advice from last week and one of your new year resolutions is to get your dog more active. Well this weeks blog is all about the benefits of sending your dog to doggy daycare!
Doggy daycare is one of the many services that are provided at The Ark. If you have thought about sending your dog to daycare but haven’t quite pulled the plug below are 5 great benefits of sending your pup to daycare.
1. EXERCISE & SOCIALIZATION – Daycare provides your dog with play time throughout the day. This playtime helps your dog express normal dog behavior and helps to release energy and in return gives your dog exercise. If your dog tends to be shy around other dogs, daycare gives your pup the perfect opportunity to meet and play with new dogs at its own comfort level. Giving your dog the opportunity to properly socialize and interact with other dogs is one of the best gifts you can give your furry friend.
2. HUMAN CONTACT/HUMAN SOCIALIZATION – While you are away at work the dog doesn’t have to be home alone. While at daycare our crew members are interacting with your dogs on a regular bases. They are there to provide interaction during playtime, give attention during quite times and they provide your dog with a good ol’ scratch behind the ear and cuddles. They love your dog almost as much as you do!
3. RELIEF FROM BOREDOM – Since you may put your dog in a crate while you are at work your dog stores up that energy all day long. The first thing your pup wants to do when you get home is play. Though this might not be the first thing you want to do, its important for your dog to release that energy. Sending your dog to daycare will be the perfect outlet for energy throughout the day. So instead of your dog greeting you post workday with loads of pent-up energy, they will be pleasantly tired and ready to relax with you all evening.
4. RELIEF FROM LONELINESS – Does your dog get lonely easily or do they get anxiety when they become lonely while you are away? Daycare is the perfect way to help prevent loneliness and the anxiety that loneliness can cause. Sending your dog to daycare on the regular can also help eliminate the stress you feel leaving your dog all alone.
5. PREVENTION OF DESTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOR – A lot of times when a dog is left alone the only way they know how to release their energy is to be destructive. Sending your dog to daycare will help prevent this type of behavior. This benefit isn’t only helpful to you pub, but also to all of your things that can be spared by sending your dog to daycare.
I hope after reading these top 5 benefits, it will give you the push you need to sign your pup up for daycare. If cost is one of the issues we at The Ark provide daycare packages that can save you money. Call or stop by any of The Ark locations and let our friendly staff help you decided what package or payment route will work best for you and your dog.
Resources: The Modern Dog Trainer