8 Things your cat loves
In honor of December being National Cat Lover's Month, we felt it was only fitting to write a post on the furry feline. So, without further ado read below to find out 8 things that your cat loves.
- CATS LOVE TAKING NAPS - Did you know that the average kitty sleeps for a whooping 12 to 16 hours per day! The reason for the snooze fest is because cats are nocturnal creatures. Who doesn't love a nice long cozy nap? Just like humans' small kittens and senior cats will spend more time sleeping than an adolescent cat.
2. CATS LOVE GROOMING & BEING GROOMED - Studies have found that adult cats spend approximately half of their waking hours grooming. That is why grooming is at the top of the list. It's clearly an important part of a cat's life. Below are a few reasons why cats spend much of their time grooming...
- It keeps them clean
- It keeps their skin and coat healthy
- It makes them feel relaxed
- It helps them bond with other kitties
- It cools them off
3. CATS LOVE FRESH, NUTRITIOUS FOOD - When cats aren't sleeping or grooming then they are eating. Just like humans, cats are particular about their food. Not only does your cat's stale and spoiled food taste bad but it can also host different types of bacteria, like salmonella or staphylococcus. Be sure to check the expiration dates on both wet and dry cat food. Your cat will be thankful for the fresh, nutritious safe meal.
4. CATS LOVE RUNNING WATER - Have you ever turned on the water faucet and your cat try to drink it? If you have a cat you are aware that most cats actually love water. If your cat is a water lover, lucky for you there are several drinking fountains that are designed for cats. It is also a fun idea to fill your bathtub or sink up with water, so your cat can splash around during their playtime.
5. CATS LOVE SCRATCHING & CLAWING - Did you know that one of cats' basic instincts is to sharpen their claws? If you see your cat scratching and clawing different surfaces, chances are that's what they are doing. In addition to sharpening their claws, scratching can help relax and rejuvenate cats. Cat scratching is said to be equivalent to a nice, long stretch when your muscles are tired or achy. A quick scratch session can wake a tired kitty up immediately.
6. CATS LOVE DAILY PLAYTIME - From kitten hood to their senior years, playtime is serious business for cats. If you have a cat, you know it doesn't take much to entertain them. Cats will play with anything. Playtime is a vital part of their health and development. Cat play dates back to their days in the wild when they had to stalk, hunt and capture their prey. It also helps to keep them exercised, engaged and happy too!
7. CATS LOVE WATCHING BIRDS - Does your cat love to sit in a windowsill or close to a glass door? The reason for this, bird watching. Whether cats love to watch birds because they're prey or simply because their movement captures their attention, cats are happy to spend hours observing birds daily.
8. CATS LOVE THEIR HUMANS - Although cats are often depicted as solitary animals, like everyone they need love, attention and companionship. And who better to get it from than their owners. Below are a few signs your cat is trying to show you their love.
- Bunting (putting their head on you)
- Sleeping on or near you
- Sticking their butt in your face
Whether you are an owner or just a cat lover be sure to celebrate them all month long! Keep these 8 feline favorites in mind and show your cat lots of TLC. Happy National Cat Lovers Month from all of us here at The Ark Pet Spa & Hotel.